Sunday 14 June 2009

late introduction...

For some reason I'm still awake at 1am, listening to 'In Our Time: The Augustan Age' on Radio 4 (partly 'cos it's less likely to wake up the housemates than Spotify and partly for funsies), and I decided to start up this blog. I've been thinking about it for a couple of days now, setting up a little space where I can write out my thoughts and observations, and share the mad experiences of studentdom, living in York and just being me. So: hello! Welcome to my space :)


So now I've said hi hello and all the rest of it... who am I? These are a few odd things about me:

  • I'm Bristolian.
  • Love love love history and all things old. Old documents, artefacts, churches, castles.. can't get enough!
  • I absolutely love turtles.
  • I drink a LOT of tea. Have recently got into Redbush, which I love because I can drink it late at night (yay)
  • I'm a fairly open person - I tend to just come out with things and be straightforward.
  • Having said that I'll probably worry quite a bit about it afterwards!
  • I have a pretty eclectic music taste. We're talking folk, to rock, to r'n'b, to boogie woogie, to 80s music, to world, to pop, and to the lute. Etc.
  • I love to read poetry and novels and I still dream about writing one or the other. Favourite poet: John Betjeman/ favourite author: Philippa Gregory.
  • I like to draw and paint.
  • I tend to give my all to everything I do.

So that is a little bit of me to begin with. I am off to bed now, bed is calling and not even Melvyn Bragg can keep me awake!

No comments:

Post a Comment